This project, Heritage Efficient management through Relevant IT use (HERIT), focused on implementing EU policy recommendations by building the digital skill capacities of heritage house owners in Europe, in partnership with tertiary education as well as national and European organisations.
The main target groups of this project include all key stakeholders (current and future private-owners, landowners, employees of historic houses, etc.), who deal with historic houses, with a particular focus on the family-owned properties.
The project’s main objective was to provide the needed training to private-owners and their employees so that they can overcome the negative impacts of the COVID-19 crisis by developing and professionally managing digital activities related to communication and cultural heritage and foster the development, commercialization, and promotion of tourism connected to cultural heritage.
The specific objectives were to:
- Mitigate the impacts of COVID-19 crisis through the development of online and digital training;
- Foster an entrepreneurial and proactive spirit;
- Maintain the jobs of local communities surrounding historical buildings;
- Enhance the visibility of the common European cultural heritage, online and offline, in order to raise awareness about and promote the cultural heritage related to historic houses;
- Promote tourism related to cultural heritage and revitalise rural areas.
This project has been funded with support from the European Commission. The publication reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.
Project N° 2020-1-BE01-KA226-VET-082730