SoilWise is a Horizon programme with the overall objective to make existing and new knowledge and data on soils easily findable, accessible, interoperable and reusable in a long-term knowledge and data repository powered by strategies for soil data and knowledge collection, processing, visualisation and exploitation, following a multiactor co-design and co-validation processes with all key user groups and R&I (Research and Innovation) outcomes. The specific objectives are:
- Make existing and new data on soils easily available and FAIR for a wide variety of stakeholders in EU and beyond
- Organize and give access to existing knowledge on soils and facilitate the sharing of new knowledge by different actors, including
- Build an open operational repository that may be extended with the additional desired functionality, accelerated by AI (Artificial Intelligence) and ML (Machine Learning) techniques,
- Create a modular, scalable and flexible repository that can easily adapt to changing I developments and developing standards.
- Provide stakeholder-driven functionality in line with user cases, addressing both a data/knowledge (re)user and a data/knowledge provider perspective.
- Support data/knowledge persistence, quality measures, metadata, validations, license as key elements that are native capability of the repository.
- Bridge the existing standardization efforts and profit from a holistic picture of soil data and knowledge within EU and beyond.
Build capacity on soil data exchange, standardisation and KM (knowledge management) by developing training courses and providing guidance documents to accelerate standardization efforts further.
Funded by the European Union. Views and opinions expressed are however those of the author(s) only and do not necessarily reflect those of the European Union or the EU Executive Agency. Neither the European Union nor the granting authority can be held responsible for them. Grant Agreement no: 101112838